Privace policy1. General information.
The website performs the functions of acquiring information on users and their behaviour in the following way:
- by collecting the information voluntarily provided in contact forms.
- by saving cookie files on end devices.
- by collecting server logs by the hosting operator.
2. Information in contact forms.
- The website collects the information disclosed voluntarily by the users.
- Moreover, the website may store the information on connection parameters (timezone setting, IP address).
- The data collected from contact forms is not made available to third parties, unless the User approves it.
- The data disclosed in contact forms may form a list of potential customers, registered by the website’s Operator in the register kept by the Inspector General for Personal Data Protection.
- The data disclosed in contact forms is processed for the purpose related to the function of a specific form, e.g. to handle a service request or to make business contact.
- The data disclosed in contact forms may be disclosed to the entities providing some services technologically – this concerns specifically the disclosure of information on the owner of a registered domain to entities being domain registries (mostly Naukowa i Akademicka Sieć Komputerowa j.b.r – NASK), online payment service providers, or other entities that the website's Operator cooperates with in this regard.
3. Information on cookie files.
- The website uses cookie files.
- Cookie files are IT data, specifically text files, stored on end devices of the website’s Users and designed to explore the website's pages. Cookies usually contain information on the name of the website from which they come, the time of their storage on the end device and a unique number.
- The website’s Operator is the entity that places cookie files on the Users’ end devices and gains access to them.
- Cookie files are used for the following purposes:
- creating statistics that will help us understand how the website’s Users use the web pages, which makes improvement of their structure and content possible;
- keeping website’s Users’ sessions alive (after logging in), thanks to which Users do not have to re-enter their logins and passwords on every subpage of the website;
- creating the User’s profile so that customised materials are shown to them in advertising networks, Google in particular.
- The website uses two basic types of cookie files: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are temporary files stored on the User’s end device until they log out, leave the website or switch off the software (Internet browser). Persistent cookies are stored on the User’s end device for the period of time specified in the parameters of cookie files or until they are removed by the User.
- The software for viewing websites (Internet browser) usually allow the storage of cookie files on the User’s end device by default. The Users of the website may change these settings. A browser makes it possible to delete cookies. You can also automatically block cookies. You will find detailed information about this in the browser’s help or documentation.
- Restricted use of some cookie files may affect some functionalities available on the website’s web pages.
- The cookie file s stored on the website’s Users’ end devices may also be used by the advertisers and partners cooperating with the website’s operator.
- Cookie files may be used by advertising networks, specifically Google’s network, to display adverts adjusted to the way in which the User uses the website. For this purpose, they may preserve information on the User’s navigation path or the time of viewing a particular page.
- With regard to the information on user preferences collected by Google’s advertising network, the users may view and edit the information provided by cookies with the following tool: https://www.google.com/ads/preferences/
4. Server logs.
- Certain information on user behaviour is stored in server logs. This data is used exclusively for the purpose of website administration and provision of efficient hosting services.
- The viewed resources are identified through URL. The information that may also be stored concerns:
- the time of request,
- the time of sending response,
- the name of client station identified through HTTP protocol,
- information on the errors that occurred during the performance of HTTP transaction,
- URL of the website previously visited by the user (referer link) – if the website was accessed through a link,
- information on the user’s browser,
- information on the user’s IP address.
- This data is not associated with specific persons viewing web pages.
- This data is used only for the purpose of server administration.
5. Data sharing.
- The data is shared with external entities only within the limits permitted by the law.
- The data on the basis of which a natural person may be identified is shared only with the consent of this person.
- The operator may be obliged to disclose the information collected by the website to authorised bodies pursuant to lawful requests, to the extent stipulated in the request.
6. Managing cookies – how to give and revoke your consent in practice?
- If the user does not want to obtain cookies, they may change browser settings. We must warn you, however, that switching off cookies that are necessary for authentication processes, for security purposes, or for maintenance of user preferences may hinder, and in extreme cases even prevent, the use of web pages.
- To manage cookie settings, select the browser / system from the list below and follow the instructions: